14 September 2014

And....... relax ..... and then some

Well that was a busy month, which is why there were no blog posts. Now I am going to have a few weeks off to learn another chord and maybe another chord change and possibly write another song before the end of civilisation as we know it . . .  also known as Christmas.

So what has been going on - I have played three more gigs - two in Canterbury and one in Ramsgate, all three were very different from each other
The first was at the New Inn in Canterbury at a beer festival on a very wet and rainy bank holiday Monday as part of the support for a spoken word tour by Chris Clavin. Interesting night to say the least as this was another of the split sets with DeKadanCe and the set list just sort of happened but these were the songs that were played ... I think ... as copiuous amounts of alcohol had been consumed and I cant remember much and the set list doesnt help:
You're A Terrorist
This Means War
Drip By Drip
Race To The Bottom
Pissing In The Wind
Generation Idiot

DeKadanCe
They Shoot Children Don't They
Knight Of A 1000 Knives
Just One Life
Power & The Glory
When The Lights Go Out
Identity

The next one was the following Saturday at Churchills in Ramsgate supporting a covers band called The Shammed - they were rather good and the reason I turned up to the New Inn gig six  days before a bit worse for wear. The evening  with them was bloody good fun and those that were there said it was possibly the best gig I had done.

You're A Terrorist
Still Called Scum
Go Back To Sleep
Pissing In The Wind
This Means War
Race To The Bottom
Drip By Drip
Generation Idiot


And the gigs got wierder, the following Friday and now into September I had to open the musical proceedings at Konrad and Annies wedding reception. It was also the first gig that I was going to open for my old band The Warriors, Also on the bill were Konrads band The Half Wits as well as Sheppy punks -  All Flags Burn. The Commited were originally going to play but had to pull out of it and I know that they wanted to play it so as a suprise for Konrad and Annie I organised with Daz to do a Commited song directly after They Shoot Children with Kay - here is the video of both tracks. Conratulations Mr & Mrs Harris




And here is the set list:

 
You're A Terrorist
Still Called Scum
Pissing In The Wind
They Shoot Children (with Kay from Decadent Few / DeKadanCe / PCF)
Fast Lane (with Daz from The Commited / Betty Swallox)
Drip By Drip
Generation Idiot 
Identity  (with Kay)

The DeKadanCe CD has been selling well considering that we have never done a full gig on our own as DeKadanCe but all that is going to remedied next year when we open the Davee Wild Memorial Weekender at The Lady Luck in Canterbury, Kent on the Thursday. I am opening the proceedings on my own on the Saturday at the Maidens Head with so many awesome bands that the best idea is to go and have a look at the facebook events page here.

 DAVEE WILD MEMORIAL WEEKENDER

 I am so very honoured to be playing this as Davee told me a while back before his sad and very untimely death that I was the person who had played the Maidens Head the most in all the gigs he had put on there. I questioned this as I was quite surprised and he said it was true, he could show me the list of gigs I had done and with who and reminded me that I had played in three different bands (The Warriors, Surgery Without Research &  Crimewave) numerous times and was looking forward to seeing my solo stuff live. Sadly he never did and now I play every gig I do in Canterbury for Davee and I will remember that conversation forever, I will miss one of the loveliest, honest and geniune blokes I have ever met.
This is a very short poem I wrote for Davee the night of his funeral.


For Davee
Rest In Punk my friend
May the party never end
Keep it going til we meet again
Rest In Punk my friend.

Here are a couple of pictures of Davee that I took on a very dodgy camera phone in 2011 - this was at Nottingham Rock City when Davee had come in the van with The Warriors when we supported Old Firm Casuals and The Last Resort. The first picture is Davee having a beer and a chat with Lars Frederickson (OFC / Rancid) and Tosh (Section 5) and the second is Davee deliberately walking past while I was trying to take a picture of Lars dancing to The Last Resort





No comments:

Post a Comment