6 February 2014

First Gig - Review

So the first gig is out of the way - always a nightmare but even more so when you are not used to doing everything on your own. Everything was going smoothly, too smoothly, I was going up on the train to Sheerness with a few mates then I get that call, you know the one, train cancelled, wrong type of wind or some such crap. Turned out there was a landslide and all the trains were cancelled and there was a bus service that was going to make the jorney nearly three hours - really? its three o clock and I have to be there between six and seven and there is no way I am going to make it. Luckily I get a call from Kay from Decadent Few, do I want a lift to Sheerness, yeah I do, that would be lovely, so thats what I did - got a lift.
Packed everything in one bag and off we went to Sheerness.

So how did the gig go??
Well, I got there with a bit of time to spare so had a chat with a few people while Swampstomper & The Commited were sound checking and then as time was getting on, it was a quick line check for me and on I go. Nervous as hell, quick bit of banter then into the first tune. Fifteen minutes and five tunes later its all over and I'm buzzing from the fantastic response I got despite being out of tune for three of the five and messing up a fair few lyrics, then amazingly got asked back for an encore, so after a quick tune up I did one more.

Set List:
1. You're A Terrorist
2. Still Called Scum
3. R.I.P (Riot In Progress)
4. Race To The Bottom
5. Generation iDiot
6. Question Authority (encore)

Gutterpunk  took some fantastic photos for GIGglepics which can be found along with a review of the rest of the gig  here.









No comments:

Post a Comment